Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Antiquing in Pasadena

Today I visited Pasadena to do a bit of antique shopping, a first for me and something I had been wanting to do for a while. It was well worth the trip. Here is a round up of some of my favorite things, some of which I might need to go back for!

First I visited T.L. Gurley Antiques and chatted to the proprietor Tim Gurley for a while. He's a lovely guy, full of knowledge that he's more than happy to share, and the store has an amazing collection of all sorts of things, it's very eclectic, which I love! I loved the industrial looking oversized aluminum lamp shades, gorgeous turquoise bauer pottery, an enormous double sided train station clock, paintings and a giant wooden fish. The space itself is also gorgeously rustic, with rugs hanging everywhere from the exposed wood beams. It's definitely somewhere I'll be going back to on a regular basis.















I then visited the Pasadena Antique Center & Annex, which was just up the street and was much bigger than I expected. I spent an hour or so wandering around and spotted some fabulous items, including a cast iron crab which strangely enough is on my wish list! They also had a paper mache tiger's head and another cat head that was sort of embroidered and really amazing. I loved the pair of flamingoes that would be so fun to use in the corner of a house somewhere, the orange elephant (kind of wish I bought that!), and giant antler head.





























My favorite vendor at the Antique Center was Bonita Interiors. She had a stunning couch in a classic shape that she's reupholstered in black linen that was surprisingly comfortable and seriously tempting, a gorgeous lacquered pink chest of drawers, a lacquered secretary (I'm so into lacquered furniture right now), an amazing Mexican donkey mask, and the list goes on!









I couldn't resist this Indian cow box when she offered to let me have it for $30, now I just have to find somewhere to put it!

No comments:

Post a Comment