Friday, April 9, 2010

Searching for curios in Santa Barbara

I did a little antique shopping in Santa Barbara this past weekend.  I hadn't visited Antique Alley in Santa Barbara before but I will definitely make it a regular stop from now on.  A really fun place to trawl through.  A few photos of my finds and purchases below.

I'm still thinking about this painting by a local artist, which was bought by the owner of Antique Alley from a garage as the result of a divorce.  Very reasonably priced.


Great Italian lamp with crackle effect:



A little table we scored for $22 that is just the thing for our living room.




A lucite container with a swinging lid that is perfect for my ever-growing costume jewelry collection, $20:



And the pièce de résistance, these amazing nesting dolls by a Mexican artist, $34:





In order: Dali, Van Gogh, Picasso, Rembrandt, and the last little guy is Toulouse Lautrec (his name is painted on the back of his tails and his sweet hat is removable).  I just love them!

We also bought an extremely heavy brass cow candle holder type thing, probably Indian, and I can't decide if it's awesome or terrifying.  Photos to follow!



No comments:

Post a Comment