Thursday, March 4, 2010

Random Craigslist Finds



Here are some random things I found on Craigslist this week that would be seriously tempting... if I had the space and the money!


Pair of 70’s knoll velvet chairs - $500.  So tempted to go check these out!




I'd have to loose the patent leather in favor of something a little softer than hot pink on hot pink (say velvet or a print?) but I love the pink painted wood!  Hot Pink Louis XVI chair - $595.  




Cute Red Vintage Bench - $60, though I'd want to change out the fabric (and it's clearly just been reupholstered).




Maybe it could be reupholstered in one of these fabrics I spotted the other day at Michael Levine, Diamond Foam & Fabrics and Deco Fabrics respectively.








Okay maybe not.  Bears further thought.  I digress.


I'm kind of digging this set of 2 Velvet Sitting Chairs - $75, though they're not usually the sort of thing I go for.  I do love that they're on casters.




Stunning "wine velvet" Armless 10' Sofa - $1000.  Super tempting!!  Again, not usually the sort of thing I'd go for but I love the shape and color combo!  It reminds me of a fabulous sage green velvet armless sofa belonging to a friend of ours in Carmel that I've always admired.



Then over on Etsy, I found this amazing set of Vintage Drexel Pink Velvet Tufted Chairs for $499.99 at Vintage Modern Design.  We have the EXACT same chairs in our sunroom.  Ours are the exact color of chocolate chip mint ice cream - minus the chocolate chips!  I bought them for much less than $500, delivered.  These are seriously adorable though!


A photo of our chairs below - are they not the same?  Maybe not, but very close!!


Do I think it's a coincidence that almost everything I'm lusting after is red or pink?!  Yes.  The fact that they're almost all velvet?  No, that's definitely not a coincidence!  Okay, so maybe not entirely random finds!


I did also find the most amazing bamboo chinoiserie china hutch/ secretary type thing on Craigslist this week, but safari crashed and for the life of me I can't find it again!  Oh well, at $1,000 I couldn't really afford it anyway, or have anywhere to put it!

No comments:

Post a Comment