Thursday, February 25, 2010

Butterflies: Bug Under Glass

Yes it's yet another Etsy related post, this time about Bug Under Glass.

Growing up I was in love with a blue framed butterfly my parents had hanging on a wall in our home, and I vowed to convince them to give it to me one day. Unfortunately sun exposure through the window "bleached" the butterfly and he's no longer as beautiful as he once was.

Funnily enough just this week I had been browsing online at Deyrolle's website, looking for framed butterflies while figuring I couldn't afford them, when I stumbled across a post on one of my favorite blogs (and one of the first blogs I started reading) Decor8. The post mentioned Bug Under Glass and their gorgeous collection of framed butterflies and bugs. Not only affordable but all sourced ethically from WWF approved sources. Joy!

Blue Morpho Butterfly $39.99:



Madagascan Sunset Moths $32 & $35:





The Blue Mountain Butterfly, $46:



Heart shaped African butterfly - one of the only all red butterflies in the world, $32:



Purple Mountain butterfly (graphium weiskei) from mountainous areas of Papua New Guinea, $39.99:



Yellow Brimstone Butterfly, $32:



Sea Green Swallowtail framed butterfly $39:



Yellow Migrant Framed Butterfly, $28:



Charles Darwin Callithea from South America, $30:



Tiger Swallowtail, $29.99:



The Peacock Swallowtail Butterflies (Papilio blumei), found only on the island of Sulawesi in Indonesia, $35 & $40:





Urania Swallowtail Moth, native to Central and South America, $32:



Great Orange Tip Framed Butterfly $30:

No comments:

Post a Comment