Thursday, February 4, 2010

Indian Peacock Mirror

I've been in love with Indian peacock mirrors for a while now. I think the first time I spotted one was at a store called Blue Moon on La Cienega near Beverly, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, and I made a mental note to go back and purchase it one day. When the store closed (though their website still seems to be active, which is odd), I had no idea what they were called or where to find them.


I later spotted one in now sadly defunct Domino Magazines' August 2007 issue, in Liz Lange's New York apartment, decorated by the fabulous mister Jonathan Adler.





Thanks to Apartment Therapy I also know there's one at Mecox Gardens and they want $3,800 for it! The first photo I posted, as well as the close up below, was of a peacock mirror that recently sold on 1st Dibs. No idea how much it went for but I'm guessing a lot.



Then the other day I was shopping on La Brea and I spotted a ROUND one. Super exciting! I can't remember how much it was, but I think it was around $2,400. Still a lot, but such an amazing piece! WANT!

No comments:

Post a Comment