Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Desks & Secretaries

I've been on the hunt for a desk for a few years now. At first I wanted a large secretary drop front style with lots of storage. I fell in love with one years ago that has now been discontinued. I can't remember if it was Williams Sonoma Home or Restoration Hardware or somewhere else, but it was from somewhere like that and it was fabulous. Black exterior, red interior. Maybe the other way around. Anyway, it was awesome, and was similar to the one below.



More recently for practical reasons I've been looking more along the lines of a small writing desk with hutch.

This morning as I was on the phone to my husband, talking about how we want to go to Greece and browsing photos of gorgeous hotels there including the gorgeous Ikes Hotel on Santorni.



Then in a photo of one of their rooms I spotted this fabulous desk!





I immediately began a search for one just like it. First stop: Craigslist, where I found this one that was close for around $300.



Then I spotted this cute "Antique Rolltop Desk" for $225, which would be a different way to go.



I continued my search and found this sweet one at JC Penney called the Ashby Writing Desk, $239, the perfect size for our dining room.



I also found this desk by Stanley Furniture for around $1,200.



Which reminded me that I have long loved this Stanley Furniture secretary, also around $1,200 - one day!



Then I had a browse on Former Furniture (which I found via an article in the brilliant Lonny Magazine) which is sort of a cross between Craigslist and 1st Dibs. Some really interesting things including these picks below.

Gorgeous Cyan Chinese Dresser, $3,000.



Amazing Vermilion Secretary Desk, $700.



Green Distressed Desk with Hutch, $1,000.



They also had the stool I've been looking for in gold, for $600.



I also love this Cyan Vanity, the shape and blue lacquer finish are just divine, $700.



Funnily enough this morning when browsing on Craigslist I found a similar desk for $100, so I could attempt to replicate the look, just not sure we have enough room in our apartment!



I'll need a chair too I guess - how cute is this "Eero Saarinen Pink & White Tulip Stool", $175?!

No comments:

Post a Comment