Friday, June 18, 2010

Uncommon Market in Dallas

I spent a day or so browsing Antique stores in Dallas a few weeks ago, which was incredibly hot but so much fun!  


Our first and favorite stop was Uncommon Market.  They've been in the same location - two Victorian houses side by side and filled to the brim with antiques - for almost forty years! What's not to love?


Later this year they'll be moving to a new location and I'm so glad I was able to visit before they moved!

















I'm still thinking about these vintage trophies, want!




Amazing painted mannequin, surprisingly inexpensive, love!



I think we're going to have to buy this "Hong Kong Trading Trunk" and have it shipped.  It is just too amazing, and 25% off because of their upcoming move!








Chrome Deco Tea pot from the 30's, apparently Dutch.  He came home with us:







My husband was obsessed with these beekeeper baskets.  Me not so much, particularly as he is deathly allergic to bees!


Let this be a warning to those who are tempted to pet the kitty, like me:




Their new location will be in the design district and much bigger and I'm sure it will be great, but probably not as unique as the original.



No comments:

Post a Comment